A buying guide to battery-powered ride-on lawnmowers
Decided to buy a battery-powered ride-on lawnmower?
Just need some expert help to make sure you pick the right one?
Good news. You’re in the right place. Read on.
OK, you’re ready to buy a battery-powered ride-on lawnmower.
Easy to run, better for the environment and good at cutting big lawns quickly.
Oh, and fun.
And it’s a wise move to get some expert advice.
Because it’s a big investment.
Which electric ride-on mower should you buy?
Right, here are three expert-recommended battery-powered ride-on lawnmowers. One budget, one mid-range and one top-end. All great machines.
The budget one
If you want a good electric ride-on mower at an affordable price, the Stiga Swift 372e is a great choice. Powered by four removable 48-volt batteries, this mower will cut half an acre of grass on a single charge – plenty for a decent-sized lawn.
The compact Swift has a good 28-inch cutting width and is lightweight and easy to manoeuvre – all ideal if you’re new to ride-on mowers.
- Shareable 48-Volt ePower Batteries: The STIGA ePower batteries are compatible with 500, 700, and 900 Series garden tools, allowing for simultaneous use of various tools.
- Intelligent Battery System: The synchronised batteries optimize power, runtime, and battery health, ensuring a reliable and efficient mowing experience.
- Compact and Agile Design: The 73.5 cm wide ride-on mower has an outer turning radius of 1.62m, allowing for easy navigation through narrow gaps and around complex garden features.
- Smart Cutting Modes: The STIGA Smart Cutting Mode offers three different blade speeds to suit each mowing task, along with counter-rotating blades and a redesigned cutting deck for a better cut.
- STIGA.GO App Connectivity: The Bluetooth-enabled mower connects to the STIGA.GO app for monitoring battery charge, scheduling energy-efficient recharge times, and accessing the live dashboard.
The mid-range one
If you can spend a bit more on your electric ride-on mower, go for the Stiga Estate 798e. Tough and durable, this machine is built for all weathers and will do 1.5 acres in just a single charge of its 48 volt 64Ah battery.
The Estate has a big 38-inch cutting width, meaning you can make short work of mowing your lawn, if you want to. And when you’re at the wheel, you can change cutting height and empty the grass box at the touch of a button.
- Efficient Performance: With the STIGA ePower battery pack, the tractor can cover up to 7,000 sqm on a single charge and has a runtime of up to 110 minutes.
- One-Touch Controls: The electronic dashboard allows for easy one-touch starting, cutting height adjustment, blade speed control, and grass box emptying.
- Smart Cutting Modes: The STIGA Smart cutting mode offers three different blade speeds (Boost, Standard, and Eco) to suit various mowing tasks.
- Comfort and Convenience: The One Pedal Drive system and absence of levers provide effortless driving and manoeuvrability around large gardens.
- STIGA.GO App Connectivity: The Stiga Vehicle Management System communicates with the STIGA.GO app, allowing users to monitor cutting efficiency and runtime on the go.
The top-end one
Want to go pro? Then we recommend the zero-turn EGO ZT4201E-L electric ride-on mower – it’s our go-to choice for home-use and professional landscapers.
The battery in this very manoeuvrable mower provides the same power as a 22hp petrol engine and with a huge 42-inch cutting width, it’ll do a whopping 2.5 acres in one charge. And it comes with a comfy seat and high backrest – ideal for long mowing sessions.
- Platform-Compatible: Powered by any combination of EGO 56V ARC Lithium batteries, offering flexibility in battery selection based on lawn size and cutting preferences.
- Fast Charging System: The industry’s fastest multi-port charger charges up to 6 batteries simultaneously, with a full charge in just 2 hours for all six 56-Volt 10Ah batteries.
- Multiple Driving Modes: Features Standard, Control, and Sport modes for versatile cutting and manoeuvring around various lawn conditions and terrains.
- Bluetooth Connectivity: Allows remote key access from a mobile device, enabling users to monitor battery status and download firmware updates for the latest features.
- Customizable Cutting Heights: Offers 10 cutting height settings, ranging from 2.5 cm to 10 cm, with one-handed ergonomic adjustments for the perfect lawn cut.
Why buy your battery ride-on mower from GoToMow?
We recommend and sell only the best lawnmowers. So, when you come to us, you’ll get an excellent mower that meets your needs. You get quality because we know quality.
Plus, we deliver for free to anywhere in mainland UK when you spend over £150. Just a few clicks, a little bit of info and your mower will be on its way to your doorstep (and garden).